Some Great Facts You Need To Know About The Beautiful City Chandigarh
Chandigarh is a well-known place and is the major spot for people during vacations. It has a number of things it enjoy. The cities of Chandigarh, Panchkula (Haryana) and Mohali (Punjab) are mutually named as ?Tricity?. The popular city has a number of roundabouts that assist in the proper flow of traffic.
Some Great Facts You Probably Didn?t Know About The Beautiful City Chandigarh:
It is the capital of two most popular Indian states including Haryana and Punjab.
- French Architect
Chandigarh, as seen these days, was planned by the well-known designer of that time Le Corbusier.
- 2 States
The city is a union territory organized by the Central Administration.
- Named After Chandi
The city bags its name from the most popular Chandi Devi Mandir, a Hindu temple devoted to deity Chandi (the idol of power).
- Fluctuating Climate
Chandigarh is located close to the foothills of Shivalik mountain ranges. The area has humid subtropical kind of weather conditions; experiences too hot summers scattered rainfall and calm winters.
There is an indeterminate trend of University Elections in the city, even much more than the polls of Vidhaan Sabha or Lok Sabha.
- Beauty Title
Owing to the charming exquisiteness of Chandigarh, it is named as the ?City Beautiful?.
The beautiful place boasts of diverse sectors that have residential as well as commercial areas, etc.
- Sector 17
The most popular Central Plaza in Sector 17 is known as Pedestrian?s Paradise meant to stay away from any traffic and is a hot spot for all citizens as well as visitors during weekends as it boasts of restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, clothing shops etc.
Chandigarh is located beneath the bottom of Shivalik Range, 365 meters higher than the sea level.
This place has the pleasure of being the evergreen place of the country.
- Dream City
This was also known as the dream city of the nation?s first PM, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- Close To Nature
Plantation of trees was a key part of Chandigarh?s plan as there are around 26 flowering types and 22 trees classes planted at different spots crosswise the city.
- Clean City
The city is one of the hygienic and dirt free places in the country.
- First Rank
The city headed the list of Indian states as well as union territories in Human Development directory.
- 2 States – The city is a union territory controlled by the Central Government and is the capital of two Indian states Haryana and Punjab.
- Unlucky 13 – It is noticed that the sectors in Chandigarh and Panchkula don?t have a Sector 13, a superstitious belief that the no. 13 is not auspicious.
- Tricity – The neighboring cities of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali are together called the ?Tricity?
- Birth – Chandigarh came into notice post-independence as the capital of Punjab at that time was Lahore and needed a new capital.
- Name – The city got its name from the famous Chandi Mandir Temple, which is now a famous tourist destination.
- The Sectors – Chandigarh is divided into sectors, with each sector enclosed by roads for easy transport yet sealed from direct access to the residential areas.
- Dream City – Chandigarh was the dream city of India?s first Prime Minister, Jawahar Lal Nehru.
Watch full video and know more about it.
If you like our video don?t forget to like and subscribe for more stuff
Nutshell School tags – knowledge minute chandigarh news rock garden