Instagram Facts That Every Marketer Must Know – Nutshell school
- Instagram currently has 800 million users, and almost 80 per cent of Instagram accounts are personal. But the number of Business Accounts is growing rapidly.
- Instagram’s largest segment of users is aged between 18 and 24. The split is relatively even between male and female users, with female users forming a small plurality.
- At least once a day 51 per cent of Instagram users access the site.
- Instagram stories are used by over 300 million users every day, with a majority of the most shared stories coming from companies.
- Less than 80 percent of Instagram accounts follow a company but two-thirds of company profile visits come from people who aren?T follow through with that business.
- Instagram is BOOMING the ad business. The platform includes more than 2 million monthly advertisers, and the number continues to increase.
- A typical user of Instagram has 648 followers, and has 359 accounts.
- Photos also have a higher rate of interaction than videos (in reality 58 per cent higher) when it comes to feed content.
- Monday between 4-5pm is the most common day of the week to post, but given what you may have read, there’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to the best time to post.
- Instagram’s 3 most-used hashtags in 2017 were #fashion, #love and #instagood.
These are some amazing Instagram Facts
Fast stats for Instagram Facts
These are some important Instagram facts for every marketer
1. Instagram is the second-most downloaded free app in the Apple app store
In 2018, only YouTube had more downloads (2019 figures are not available yet). That’s a strong sign that Instagram continues to draw new users as checked by the figures on Instagram usage you can see later in this article.
2. Instagram is Google’s 10th most common query
Nearly half of the top 10 searches are generic words such as weather, news and video. But the top 10 also appear in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Amazon, and all ahead of Instagram.
Nonetheless, because Instagram is not mainly used by a web interface, a more important statistic is the high download rank in the app.
3. Instagram actually hides in seven countries, including counts and video views
Instagram started hiding like counts in April in Canada, and in July in six more countries.
Such nations are:
It doesn’t mean however the Likes doesn’t matter anymore. Nevertheless, because 41 percent of Canadian content creators said engagement fell after counts have been concealed, it means that producing powerful Instagram content that encourages engagement is more important than ever.
4. ‘1 billion people’ use Instagram every month
Makes Instagram the second-conventional social network behind Facebook in terms of the active users. Instagram ranks fifth behind Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, FB Messenger and WeChat when considering all of the social media.
5. ‘500 million people’ use Instagram Stories every day
Stories has been a big part of what makes Instagram so famous in the three years since its launch.
With half a billion people using stories every single day, it is obvious that stories are an important brand channel. (All in this piece you’ll find more Instagram Stories stats that further reinforce this point.)
6. 0.89 per cent of users are outside the U.S
Just 110 million of Instagram’s one billion users are based in the U.S. Americans are Instagram’s biggest viewer but are far from the majority. Of Instagram users, rounding out the top five countries is:
- Brazil: 70 million users
- India: 69 million users
- Indonesia: 59 million users
- Russia: 40 million users
When thinking about how to identify your target market on Instagram, this is valuable knowledge, and what kind of content to make.
7. Instagram will hit 112.5 million U.S. users in 2020-
This is an improvement of 5.4 percent over 2019, as eMarketer reports, which also forecasts the network will hit 117.2 million U.S. users in 2021.
Sure, we just told you that just 11 per cent of all Instagram users make up the U.S. audience. But it is still an significant market which is constantly growing.
8. Instagram is Canada’s fastest growing social media site
Even more remarkable are the growth figures from Instagram in Canada. In Canada, the social network saw growth of 20.4 per cent in 2018 and growth of 7.3 per cent in 2019. EMarketer expects more growth in Canada of 6.1 per cent to 12.6 million users by 2020.
9. The country with the highest percentage reach of Instagram is Brunei
Brunei does not have the most users of Instagram, but it is the country where Instagram reaches the highest percentage of the population: to be exact, 60%. Compare that with 37 per cent in the U.S.
Rounding out the top five countries with the highest age reach are:
- Iceland: 57%
- Turkey: 56%
- Sweden: 55%
- Kuwait: 55%
If you sell to people in those countries, Instagram may be a especially successful medium for both organic content and paid Instagram posts.
10. Instagram is used by 37 percent of American adults
this is a small rise from 35 percent in 2018. Keep in mind that the age of people using Instagram differs considerably depending on the age group, as the network is much more common with younger users:
- 18?29: 67%
- 30?49: 47%
- 50?64: 23%
- 65+: 8%
Again, to assess the age breakdown of your own followers, you must do your homework, but these figures on Instagram users offer a decent starting point for thinking about your buyer personas.
11. Instagram is the most popular conventional social network among U.S. teens
Only YouTube is more popular with teenagers, though there is some controversy on whether to identify the video-sharing platform as a social network. Seventy-two percent of U.S. teenagers say they’re using Instagram, compared to Snapchat’s 69 percent and Facebook’s 51 percent.
Yet teens say they use Snapchat more often.
12. Instagram’s gender balance is pretty even: 52 percent female and 48 percent male
But in the U.S., a slightly higher percentage of women (43 percent) use Instagram than men (31 percent) do.
This disparity shows that on Facebook, like any other social network, you can not make assumptions about demographics. And you can definitely make no assumptions about your own followers ‘ demographics. Using social media analytics software instead to provide accurate information about your own audience, for a stronger’ advertising plan’ and targeted advertisement.
Before promoting your Instagram company you should keep these Instagram details in mind.
These are some amazing Instagram Facts You should know
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/
Nutshell School tags- knowledge minute social media instagram story