Why 108 Number Is Important In Chanting
In Hinduism 108 points are of particular significance. This number is included in any single chant. Without that number no chanting is complete.
But do you know why this number is so important when reciting a mantra? Today, we’ll tell you about the essential reason.
- Number 108 is linked not only to spirituality but also to science because, according to Nature, the Sun shifts about 216,000 arts in a year. At this time the Sun’s location changes twice a year as well. And every 6 months Surya completes 108,000 arts. This has 108 digits to it.
- A safe human breathes 21600 times a day according to another scientific theory. Consequently, every 12 hours 10800 breathes. And it’s also connected to 108 points.
- The universe is divided into 12 parts according to astrology which we know as 12 zodiac signs. In those 12 zodiac signs, only nine planets rotate. If we add 12 zodiac signs and 9 planets we get 108 points. So 108 grains represent the Navagrahas in the chanting.
- In astrology and astronomy, the number of constellations is specified as 27. Every nakshatra has 4 distinct phases during the year. For such a case the multiplication of 27 constellations by 4 just gives 108 digits.
- It’s also necessary to have 108 marks in the rosary at the time of chanting, as it keeps the chant count right. The garland also has a large grain called ‘Sumeru’ in the upper portion. Special meaning is given to it. With this, the chanting cycle is finished and another one is started.
- In astrology, Sumeru has a special meaning. Compared to him, Brahmana’s top position is this. That’s when the vocals are done and it’s played with ahead. 108 Number In Chanting. During this, his Ishta Dev meditation is completed. It gives Chanting the full benefit.
- While any garland can be used for chanting, a garland of Rudraksha is considered the best. Since disinfectant waves are released into the atmosphere along with magnetic and electrical signals. Thereby the destructive forces surrounding the seeker don’t explode.
- You may also chant, apart from Rudraksha, with Tulsi, Vyjayanti, Sphatik, and beads. Chanting gives tranquility. That increases the strength of focus.
That’s why 108 numbers are relevant
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/