Most Amazing Facts You Don’t Know About Your Eyes
Do you know the amount of melanin in your iris influences your skin colour?
- If you have blue eyes, then you share ancestor with every other blue-eyed person in the world.
- Your eye contains 107 million light-sensitive cells. You know that 20/20 vision only means normal vision.
- If you were wearing glasses that were flipping upside down images, your brain would correct your vision.
- On average, the eye blinks 17 times a minute, 14,280 in 14 hours, and 5.2 million times a days.
- An eye blink is the fastest muscle of the human body.
And that is just the start! Here are 15 More fascinating facts about eyes.
- The one more complicated organ than the brain is eyes.
- Can the eyes make approximate distinctions?A total of 10 million different colours.
- You can not sneeze with your eyes open.
- Ommatophobia is an eyes-fear.
- Eighty percent of all we know comes through the eyes.
- A candle flame can be observed 1.7 miles away from your eyes.
- Your iris (the colored part of your eye) has 256 distinct features; there are only 40 features to your fingerprint.
- The medical term for having two distinct colored eyes is heterochromia.
- Just 1/6 is noticeable on your eyeball.
- Your eyes are made up of stalks and cones. Rods allow you to see shapes, while cones detect and decode colours.
- The average person blinks twelve times a minute.
- The shark cornea is almost similar to the human cornea, and was even used in eye surgery!
- Your eye is the muscle that contracts fastest in the body, contracting in less than 1/100th of a second.
- About one million nerve cells are in the optic nerve.
These are some Amazing Facts About Your Eyes
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/