Benefits Of Golden Turmeric Milk
Indians, especially those from North India, almost historically consume hot golden milk in cold weather conditions. It is the name given to the delicious drink, since its colour, if properly prepared, gives the appearance of dissolved gold in milk. Grounded pure turmeric contains strong antioxidant curcumin which in combination with the milk’s goodness makes a delicious and nutritious bright yellow beverage which is best to enjoy during the winters.
The calming warmth will begin to display its effect on patients suffering from flu. Sore throat, running nose and body ache will begin to relieve soon afterwards. Apart from being a flu killer, turmeric milk is also helpful for sprains and inflammation of the joints, diabetes, cardiac health and brain stimulation. It’s perfect for skin and bones, as well.
Turmeric milk is also considered to boost mood because in case of studies the curcumin behaves similar to antidepressants.
- Purifies Blood – One of turmeric milk’s key advantages is that it purifies the blood. Drinking this milk will help improve blood supply and cleanse any impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system.
- Prevents Cancer – The influence of ‘curcumin’ in turmeric is found to destroy cancer cells and limit their ability to spread and damage the DNA. Already having turmeric milk can help prevent cancer from growing in the early stages.
- Promotes digestion – Anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric milk help regulate digestive issues by encouraging digestion, avoiding stomach ulcers and diarrhoea. Bloating, diarrhoea, heartburn and other stomach infections can also be treated with a cup of Turmeric milk on a daily basis.
- Improves Reproductive Health – Turmeric milk’s antispasmodic property benefits women by alleviating menstrual pain and normalizing the menstrual cycle. Additionally, turmeric milk is also known to be helpful for women with hormonal imbalances in Leukorrhea, Endometriosis, Fibroids. Drinking this golden milk helps women of all ages, and improves the reproductive health of women.
- Treatment for Cough and Cold – Turmeric milk is an effective remedy for cough and cold and sore throat relief due to antiviral and antibacterial properties. Getting warm turmeric milk increases the production of mucus from the respiratory tract which flushes the microbes out.
Steps for the preparation of turmeric milk: Golden milk is simple to produce at home. Only follow this recipe for a single serving of golden milk or about one cup:
1/2 cup (120ml) of milk
1 tsp of turmeric
1 Small piece of ground ginger or 1/2 tsp powder
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
1 pinch of ground black pepper
1 tsp of honey or maple syrup (optional)
Directions: Simply mix all the ingredients in a small saucepan or pot and bring the golden milk to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes, or until it is aromatic and fragrant. Put the drink into mugs through a fine strainer and finish it with a pinch of cinnamon.
These are some amazing Benefits Of Golden Milk.
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/