Chocolate is produced from the seeds of tropical cacao tree Theobroma. The earliest presence dates back to the Mesoamerican Olmec culture. Here are some amazing Chocolate Facts.
Chocolate became very common in the world after the European discovery of the Americas, and its demand exploded.
By then, chocolate has become a popular food commodity enjoyed by millions every day, thanks to its special, delicious, and sweet taste.
Chocolate is really one of the world’s wonders, it’s been known in the past as being literally used as currency.
Sales of U.S. chocolate in 2014 were $21.1 billion, which alone demonstrates the product’s value and demand.
If the variations are white, milk, dark or something more unusual, everybody loves to sit down and have some.
Here are some amazing and unique chocolate facts you all should know
- The Aztec emperor Montezuma II consumed more than 50 cups of chocolate a day.
- There is a rare fourth form, known as blond chocolate, as well as milk, cocoa, and white varieties.
- Originally three bits were three Musketeers bars; chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. After rising strawberry prices they moved to one bar only.
- Thousands of Canadian children went on strike in 1947 and boycotted chocolate after the price of a chocolate bar jumped from 5 cents to 8 cents.
- Chocolate milk had been invented in America. It is said that the Irish botanist Sir Hans Sloane first combined chocolate with milk in Jamaica in the early 1700s.
- Chocolate milk is an important after-workout beverage for recovery.
- Chocolate cake has German history. It is named after Sam German, its inventor.
- It is known as an aphrodisiac which is normal.
- Napoleon enjoyed chocolate and insisted that it should be available at all times during military campaigns.
- Eating 10 kg of Chocolate a day can kill a human being.
- The chocolate scent raises brain waves in theta, which causes relaxation.
- Making a single-serve chocolate bar takes two to four days.
Chocolates For Health
- Consumption of chocolate has long been related to conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and hypertension.
- Chocolate is known to be rich in antioxidants.
- Some studies have indicated that chocolate could lower cholesterol levels and prevent deteriorating memory.
- Chocolate contains a host of calories.
- People who want to lose weight should eat chocolate in moderation only.
Health Benefits Of Chocolates
- Reducing cholesterol
- Prevents cognitive deterioration
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular issues
It is important to remember that it was from single research that the potential health benefits listed below. To conclude that eating chocolate can actually improve the health of people.
However, the chocolate bars do not contain solely cocoa. It is necessary to understand the benefits and risks of all other ingredients, such as sugar and fat.
Negative Effects Of Chocolates
Weight gain: Several studies indicate a correlation between chocolate consumption and lower body mass index and central body fat. Due to its sugar and fat content, chocolate can also have a high-calorie count. Anyone who wants to slim down or keep their weight should limit their intake of chocolate and check their favourite chocolate product label.
Sugar content: Some chocolate’s high sugar content can also result in tooth decay.
Risk of migraine: Many people may experience an increase in migraines when they frequently eat chocolate because of the content of tyramine, histamine and phenylalanine in cocoa. Work is nevertheless mixed.
Bone health: There is some evidence that chocolate can cause osteoporosis and poor bone structure. The findings of one study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that the bone density and intensity of older women who consumed chocolate per day was lower.
These are some must known Chocolate Facts You all need to know
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/