Facts About Indian Independence Day
- There were a variety of variations in our new national flag. Pingali Venkayya rendered the version you know today at Bezwada, in 1921.
- Only the village and construction khadi industries have the license to manufacture or supply our national flag.
- On our first Independence Day we didn’t have a National Anthem.
- It’s hard to believe this one but Mahatama Gandhi wasn’t part of the first celebration of Independence Day.
- Lord Mountbatten was forced to attend both India and Pakistan’s Independence Day, which is why he put forward the Independence Day of Pakistan to 14 August.
- Lord Mountbatten chose the Independence Day of India on 15 August as it celebrated the second anniversary of Japan’s surrender to the Allied powers.
- South Korea, the Republic of Congo, Liechtenstein and India celebrate their Independence Day.
- Before India became independent, Goa had been a Portuguese province. In 1961 it became a member of the Indian Union.
- Our first President, Jawaharlal Nehru was an emblem of style. He’d featured in a Vogue Magazine case.
- Hindi is not India’s national language. It was chosen as the first official language of India, and so was proclaimed in 1949.
- 560 princely states became a part of the Indian union following Independence.
- Hyderabad was the last state in the Indian Union.
- British lawyer Sir Cyril Radcliffe sketched the boundary between India and Pakistan.
- Sikkim became the final and 22nd State to join the Indian union in 1975. Previous to that, Sikkim had become an Indian protectorate.
On 15 August 1947, India achieved independence from the British Raj, making it an important day in history. India is truly a secular and diverse country, living in harmony with different religions, languages, castes, and creed. We have all read out the struggle and sacrifice for independence of our freedom fighters. But there are some fascinating things about the day of Indian Independence that we do not know about. Here’s a list of a few which might surprise you.
- In 1600 the British East India Company entered India to export products such as tea, cotton, and silk as a trading business. Gradually it went on to become the country’s political ruler.
- The date of August 15 was selected by Lord Mountbatten, Last Viceroy and First Governor General of India, as it was the same day in 1945 that Japan surrendered to the Allied Forces at the end of World War 2.
- The 15th of August is observed as an Independence Day not only in India but also in five other nations-North Korea, South Korea, Liechtenstein and the Republic of Congo.
- After the country’s independence Mahatma Gandhi had intentions to dissolve the Indian National Congress. In a draft resolution a day before his death he said that the INC has maintained its use since the target was achieved. He wrote: although divided into two, India has achieved political independence by means conceived by the Indian National Congress, it has survived its use as a propaganda tool and as a legislative machine in its present shape and form. These are Facts About Indian Independence.
- We all know the fact that India’s First Prime Minister was Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Yet the first choice wasn’t always his. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel had the majority of the votes but Nehru did not want to play anyone second in command. Mahatma Gandhi had a soft spot for Nehru that he asked Sardar Patel to quit.
- India’s first Premier, Jawaharlal Nehru, was regarded as an icon of global style. His famous Nehru jacket won him a spot in Vogue magazine.
- During Independence India had no National Anthem. Rabindranath Tagore published Jana Gana Mana in 1911, and was formally adopted in 1950.
- On behalf of all Indian women, Hansa Mehta represented the Parliament of Free India.
- In 1947 Indian rupee was Re 1= $1. Now Rs 64.08= $1.
- By rule,’ khadi’ is the only material to be used to construct the flag. The Khadi Development and Village Industries Commission has the right to create the flag and to delegate it to regional groups. Flying a flag made of any other substance is punishable by statute by imprisonment for three years and a fine.
These are the most interesting and must known Facts About Indian Independence
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/
Another advantage of buying weed online is the privacy it provides. Not everyone feels comfortable going to a physical dispensary and being seen purchasing marijuana products. With online dispensaries, customers can place their orders discreetly, and have them delivered directly to their doorstep……..
A Weed dispensary is a place where consumers can purchase cannabis products such as flowers, edibles, concentrates, and topicals. These dispensaries can be found in various forms, including storefronts, mobile delivery services, and online shops. In states where cannabis is legal, these dispensaries must comply with strict regulations and undergo regular inspections to ensure they meet health and safety standards……..
Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is excellent, as well as the content!
Some truly interesting information, well written and loosely user genial.
This is a topic close to my heart cheers, where are your contact details though?
Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!
Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
Hi there! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!
I am constantly looking online for tips that can assist me. Thanks!
you have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?
Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and reporting! Keep up the good works guys I’ve you guys to my personal blogroll.
Good info. Lucky me I reach on your website by accident, I bookmarked it.
This is the most obvious reason why you might want to buy cigarettes online. The price you’re going to pay to buy the same amount of cigarettes online will almost always be cheaper than if you went and bought them in person at a physical store
Very efficiently written post. It will be helpful to everyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work – i will definitely read more posts.
Hey there, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, superb blog!
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
certainly like your web-site but you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to inform the reality on the other hand I?¦ll certainly come again again.
I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my website 🙂
I got good info from your blog
An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!
I’m not sure why but this weblog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.
I’ve been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thanks, I’ll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your web site?
I truly value your piece of work, Great post.
Simply desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.
I simply want to say I am just new to blogging and really enjoyed this web site. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog . You amazingly come with fantastic posts. Thank you for sharing your web site.
I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. cheers
Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include approximately all vital infos. I’d like to see extra posts like this .