Some Great Facts You Need To Know About The Beautiful City Chandigarh
Chandigarh is a well-known place during holidays, and is the main spot for tourists. It has a host of things it loves. Chandigarh, Panchkula (Haryana) and Mohali (Punjab) cities are called’ Tricity’. The famous city has a number of roundabouts which aid in proper traffic flow.
Few fantastic facts about The Beautiful City Chandigarh you probably didn’t know about:
- Capital – It is the capital of two most famous Indian states, Haryana and Punjab.
- French Architect – As seen these days, Chandigarh was designed by Le Corbusier, the well-known designer of the period.
- 2 States – The city is a municipal union governed by the Central Administration.
- Named After Chandi – The town bags its name from the most famous Chandi Devi Mandir, a Hindu temple dedicated to the Chandi deity (the power idol).
- Fluctuating climate – Chandigarh is situated near the foothills of mountain ranges Shivalik. The area has humid subtropical weather conditions; too hot summers are witnessing intermittent rainfall, and cool winters.
- Elections – There is an indeterminate University Elections phenomenon in the city, even more so than Vidhaan Sabha or Lok Sabha’s elections.
- Beauty Title – It is called ‘City Beautiful’ because of Chandigarh’s beautiful exquisiteness.
- Business Planning – Beautiful place boasts diverse industries with both residential and commercial areas, and so on.
- Sector 17 – Sector 17’s most famous Central Plaza known as Pedestrian’S Paradise planned to stay away from any traffic and is a hot spot for both people and tourists during the weekends as it boasts restaurants, bars, nightclubs, clothing shops etc.
- Place – Lies underneath the Shivalik Range floor, 365 meters above sea level.
- Evergreen – Location has the privilege of being the country’s evergreen spot.
- Dream World – This was also known as Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, the dream world of the nation’s first PM.
- Near To Nature – Planting trees was a vital part of Chandigarh’s strategy, as there are about 26 styles of flowering and 22 groups of trees planted across the city at different locations.
- Clean City – The town is one of the country’s hygienic and dirt free spots.
- First Rank – In the directory of Human Development the city led the list of Indian states as well as union territories.
- 2 States – The town is a union territory administered by the central government and is the capital of two Haryana and Punjab Indian states.
- Unlucky 13 – The sectors in Chandigarh and Panchkula are found to have no Sector 13, a superstitious belief that No. 13 is not auspicious.
- Tricity – The adjacent cities of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali are named’ Tricity’ together.
- Birth – Chandigarh came into post-independence view as Lahore was the capital of Punjab at the time and needed a new one.
- Name – The city got its name from the famous Temple of Chandi Mandir, now a popular tourist destination.
- The Sectors – Chandigarh is divided into sectors, each sector being enclosed by roads for easy transportation but being sealed from direct access to residential areas.
- Dream City – Chandigarh was India’s first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru’s dream city.
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/