Present in the palm tree, the fruit date is cultivated in most of the earth’s tropical regions. Over the last few years, dates have become relatively common. All dates sold in Western countries are completely dry.
It’s possible to tell whether the dates were dried based on their appearances. A wrinkled skin shows they’ve been dried, while smooth skin suggests freshness. These are lots of health benefits of dates.
The dates are chewy with a sweet flavour. These are often filled with a few vital nutrients and have a range of advantages and uses.
There are several types of cultivated palm dates. For their rich taste, flavour, and superior quality, ‘Amir Hajj,’ ‘Saidy,’ ‘Khadrawy’ and ‘Medjool’ are some of the popular varieties.
Health Benefits Of Dates
- The fresh dates are made of delicate, easy to digest flesh and simple sugars such as fructose and dextrose. 100 g Medjool dates contain 277 calories. They replenish strength when consumed, and immediately revitalize the body. For certain attributes, they have historically served since ancient times to break the fast during the month of Ramadan.
- These makeup antioxidant flavonoids like ß-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. The ability of these antioxidants to protect cells and other structures in the body from the harmful effects of oxygen-free radicals was found. Eating dates thus found to have some protection against colon, prostate, breast, endometrial, lung, and pancreatic cancers.
- These are minor vitamin-A sources, which are known to have antioxidant properties and are important for vision. Furthermore, preserving healthy mucosa and skin is also necessary. Consumption of vitamin-A-rich natural fruits is considered to help protect against lung and oral cavity cancers.
- The dates are an excellent iron source, bearing 0.90 mg/100 g of fruit. Iron, being a haemoglobin component within the red blood cells, determines the blood’s oxygen.
- Therefore they are an excellent source of potassium. 100 g contains 696 mg of this electrolyte or 16 per cent of the daily recommended amounts. Potassium is an essential component of cell and body fluids that help control blood pressure and heart rate. They, therefore, give protection from stroke and coronary heart disease.
- The fruit is high in dietary fibre, which prevents the absorption of LDL cholesterol in the gut. The fibre diet also acts as a bulk laxative. Hence, it helps shield the mucous membrane in the colon from cancer-causing chemicals.
- We include flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants known as tannins for health benefit. The anti-infective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-hemorrhagic effects of tannins are well known.
Dates are also a good fresh fruit to integrate into your daily diet.
They are rich in many nutrients, carbohydrates, and antioxidants, all of which may offer health benefits from better digestion to a lower risk of illness.
There are several strategies for integrating dates into your diet. An essential way to eat them is by adding in a variety of dishes as a natural sweetener. They make an amazing taste, too. These Are Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Dates.
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/