Well, if you think a moisturizing cream can do the job, you need to try out some home remedies too. Moisturizing creams can do good If you already have them with you, but in times when you do not have any, then you need to know some simple steps that will ensure that you can stop the itching. Here is a list of several home remedies to help you treat your dry itchy skin. Home Remedies for Dry Skin in Winter.
- Wipe some olive oil on your skin and then wipe it away with a damp cloth. You’re going to witness your skin start to glow and have a shining tone to it.
- Creating a homemade avocado facial mask will smoothen your skin and keep you from having dry skin. Everything you have to do is take half of the avocado and add a teaspoon of honey. After this is done, apply the mix to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes. This will moisturize your skin and keep it glowing.
- Applying coconut oil to your skin before you sleep is another homemade remedy to get rid of dry skin. At room temperature, coconut oil becomes solid, so this will make it the perfect moisturizing cream to use.
- You can add m ilk to your face as it is said to have lactic acid and anti-inflammatory properties that can cure itchy skin like skin cracks.
- If you’re suffering from sunburn, skin cracks, and dry skin, then you need aloe vera gel.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and not hot water.
- Drink a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated. Drinking more water will make you sweat a lot and this will keep your skin nourished.
- Eat fish twice a week at least, as this will help to cure dry skin. Fish contains omega-3 fatty acids that help to keep your skin healthy.
- Change your soap If you’re using a deodorant one. Deodorant soaps cause irritants to your skin.
- Make it a point to wash your face with cold water. This will open the pores of your skin to remove all toxins and dirt and then close it back. You need to do this every night before you go to bed.
- Cinnamon powder and honey make it a good mix to be added to your face. Once this is done, you need to wash it off after 15 minutes. This home remedy will help treat dry skin.
- Mix the lemon juice with honey and apply it to your face. After 15 minutes, wash it away and you will witness that your dry skin healing.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces and grind it in a mixer until it forms a smooth paste. Next, you need to add some yogurt or aloe vera gel and mix them together. Once the paste is ready, you need to apply it to your face, and then wash it away after 15 minutes.
- Take 2 eggs and separate them from the yolk. Just take the yolk and mix it. Once this is done, apply it to your face and rinse with cold water after 10 minutes.
- You can also use a banana facial to treat it if you have dry skin. What you need to do is use the back of a spoon to mash 2 bananas and add some coconut oil. Then apply it to your skin and allow it to dry for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you can rinse it with some cold water.
- Heat some cocoa butter and place them on your palms. Then, gently rub it on your face and let it dry overnight. This will cure dry skin immediately.
- You can also make a chocolate pack by mixing 5 tablespoons of honey with 5 tablespoons of powder and 2 tablespoons of flour. Apply the mix onto the dry skin and wash it off after 15 minutes.
- If you have green tea at home, then y ou can use it to make a mix of green tea along with some cream and mix it together. Apply the paste to your face and allow it to dry for 15 minutes, then rinse with water.
- If you do have a neem plant in your garden, you can make it into a powder and mix it with some turmeric and honey. Once this is done, you can add some water to make it into a smooth paste. Apply this paste to your face and let it dry for 10 minutes after which you can wash it off with some water.
- Ginger can help you to get rid of dry skin. Everything you need to do is add ginger juice to honey and rose water and mix well. Use the tips of your fingers and apply it on your face. Once this is done leave it to dry for 15 minutes, and then wash it away.
Things to avoid dry skin in the winter:
Dry skin can be itchy, painful, and make you bleed in some cases. Here are some easy things that can help you to treat or even prevent dry skin from affecting you. Home Remedies for Dry Skin in Winter.
- Remember to have a hot shower.
- Do not avoid the fact that you have dry skin as this can lead to ichthyosis
- Wash your face with cold water
- Do not use soaps that can dry the skin
- Apply Moisturizing cream
Before you go to bed, add coconut oil to your skin.
- Drink a lot of water
- Play outdoor games. This will make you sweat and the sweat will keep your skin nourished.
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/