Lessons From Gautam Buddha That Will Help You
Have you ever wondered why all the Buddha statues you see portray him as calm, cool and smiling? Ok, since Gautam Buddha’s discovery of the harsh realities of life had revealed the secrets of creation.
He had completely annihilated his ego, and discovered the simplicity of present moments. You’ll need to take in a few of his life experiences to be calm and cool like him.
- One can’t control three things: the sun, the moon, and reality.
- You won’t be punished for your wrath; your indignation will punish you.
- “You should look for someone else in the universe who is more worthy of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You like everyone in the entire world, deserve your love and affection.
- Our thoughts form us; we are that which we think. Happiness follows, when the mind is sweet, like a shadow that never leaves.
- You just lose what you’re just sticking to.
- Believe nothing, regardless of where you heard it, or who said it, regardless of whether I have said it unless it coincides with your own reason and common sense.
- Simple charms tempt the eyes, goodness lures the mind.
- Just as a strictly fragrant, delightful lotus could spring up on a rubbish heap swept up on the main road, so does the savage of the Perfectly Enlightened One outshine in insight the blind puthujjana among those rubbish heaps (of men).
- You just pluck it, when you want a tree. But you water it every day when you love a flower.
- A drop by drop fills up a tank.
- Travelling along is better than walking in.
- Holding onto rage is like drinking poison, and waiting for the other to die.
- Just two mistakes can one make along the path to truth; not going all the way, not starting.
- Overcoming yourself is better than fighting a thousand fights. Then it’s yours to win. They can’t take it from you.
- There is no difference between east and west in the sky; people make distinctions from their own minds, and then assume that they are true.
- None of this happens alone; it is in relation to something else.
- An idea which is being created and put into practice is more important than an idea which only exists as a concept.
- Pain is certain; misery is facultative.
- You won’t be punished for your indignation, your anger will punish you.
- Do it with all your might, if it is worthwhile.
- One word that brings peace is better than a thousand empty ones.
- However many holy words you learn, however many you say if you don’t act on them, what good can they do to you?
- Anything that begins has an end. Find your peace with that and everything is going to be right.
- Defeating yourself is more of a challenge than defeating others.
- There are three things that can’t be concealed long: the sun, the moon and the truth.
These Are Some Amazing Lessons From Gautam Buddha
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/