DIY Vicks Vaporub Shower Melts for Cold, Flu Season
Cold season is here! If these viruses hit our house, we like to be prepared with the products we know that work well for us so we don’t have to rush to the pharmacy and look for the right medicine.
DIY VAPOR RUB SHOWER MELTS SUPPLIES NEEDED
Your favorite silicone mold
3 Tablespoons Vicks Vaporub
1 cup cornstarch
5-6 Tablespoons water
Blue and green soap colorant
- Place a medium mixing cup with the cornstarch, vaporub, and 4 Tablespoons of water. Stir the ingredients to blend properly.
- If the mixture still seems to be too dry, add more water if needed(up to 6 Tablespoons) until a thick paste develops.
- Drizzle 3 to 4 drops of blue and green soap dyes into the mixture and swirl until you get the colour you want.
- Move the vapour rub paste to your silicone moulds, filling up each mould to its end.
- Freeze the shower melts for 2 hours to allow them to harden.
- Move, once frozen, to an airtight jar or Ziploc plastic bag. You can hold this in the freezer until you are ready for use.
HOW TO USE
Put one melting vapor on your shower floor, and let the hot water flow over it. This will stimulate the Vicks to rub vapors in your shower and create a steam that will help alleviate a cold or cough.
Find these fast Vapor Rub Shower Melts and keep them on hand when there is a certain cough or stuffy nose. These are good for getting the relief you need when a cold hits you.
This is how you can make your own Vicks Vaporub Shower Melts
Our Social Media Links :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NUTSHELLSCHOOL
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nutshell_school/